Happy birthday, Carda!



As a part of my best pal BJ's birthday present, I wrote him a very lovely blog post. It was then that I promised the rest of the gang, Ricarda and Alec, that I would do the same for them- and today is Ricarda's birthday! So here goes.

Ricarda- or as I've come to know her, Carda- was the first person from my lil gang of friends that I became friends with first. Me and her were newbie buddies at college, taken in oh so kindly by Poppy and Abby (two of my other best girls!). She was quiet and I didn't really speak to her much, but have basically been friends with her since day one. 



Carda is the most hard working, determined and patient person that I have ever met. Honestly, no one puts in as many hours as her, no one puts as much dedication into every aspect of their life in the way she does. But not only does she work incredibly hard to reach amazing achievements, she is just so amazingly talented at everything too- especially art and making cakes!

That's right, you might remember that Ricarda's cakes from Bliss Bakery have featured on my blog and in my magazine before now. Her cakes are unlike anything I've ever tasted before and they're definitely more like works of art than edible goods!



cake


See? Amazing right! 

Ricarda also keeps me so grounded. If I'm having a bad day and thinking about certain people that used to be a part of my life, she never fails to remind me exactly why they're not and just why that's a good thing. She always understands that I'm going to be upset, and never pressures me not to be, but always reminds me of how far I've come in life over the last few months. 


In addition to this, she's incredibly thoughtful. I will never forget my 20th birthday meal; she spoilt me rotten (and Ben...) with gifts that were perfect for me, some of which she'd heard me mention liking months before my birthday! I had no idea she'd even been listening to me when I spoke about them, and yet not only had she been listening but had remembered too! 

On holiday, Ricarda really took on the 'mum' role, making sure washing was always done, the house was always in order and cooking for us almost every night- and always a delicious meal, catering to a meat eater, a vegetarian and celiac needs all at once, which let me tell you is not an easy task. 

 


I rarely get to see or speak to Carda because she's even busier than I am (can you believe that!), but when I do, it's like we only saw each other yesterday. We just get on so well and I absolutely love that about us! She's so sweet, so lovely and just the best kind of person to have in your life; I really am so very lucky to call her my best friend. 

Happy birthday, Carda! I hope you've had the best day and been spoilt rotten and I can't wait to celebrate with you (hopefully) next week! Love you loads.



Love from,
Florence Grace




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.