It's okay to quit



This morning, I couldn't wear what I wanted to wear. 

Sounds stupid, but I had planned the outfit in my head and it was really bugging me. The issue is, the bodysuit in question is made of a weird material that slides down my body, and you can't adjust the straps. It's not an issue of it being drastically too big, it's just an odd fit. So, I can hardly wear it to work when its sliding down past my boobs every two seconds, can I? 

But I didn't want to give up! I was determined to wear this bodysuit because it's what I had planned to do. Of course, I had to give in eventually and I had to pick something else. I felt annoyed and frustrated, but do you know what happened? 

I ended up wearing a better outfit!



I got a lot of compliments on the outfit and I felt confident in it too, which was a plus! 

So it might sound a little deep, but it made me think; it's okay to quit. 

What's not okay is giving up. And yes, there is a difference. 

I had to quit trying to make the bodysuit work for my outfit today, but I won't give up on it altogether! Whether that means sewing the straps, wearing it over something, styling it differently somehow...I won't give up on it! But I had to quit

The same rule applies to life. If something really isn't working, it's okay to quit. If you're trying to start your own business and nothing's falling into place, quit. If a friend keeps bailing on your meet ups, quit arranging them. If you find that you're trying to lose weight by running and it's not working, quit.

But don't give up. 

Find a new way to overcome the issues preventing you from starting your business. Tell your friend you're fed up of their laziness when it comes to your relationship and that it's now up to them to try and arrange a time and a place to hang out. Running might not be working for you, but what about swimming? Cycling? HIIT sessions at the gym? 

Quitting simply means stopping. It doesn't have to be the end of the road though. Quitting just gives you the opportunity to seek out a new way to achieve a goal. 

It's okay to quit. It's not okay to give up. 

Love from,
Florence Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Children With Cancer UK Fashion Show!

#MentalHealthAwarenessWeek - Body Image and Mental Health

Eating Disorders- the Blunt Truth.